Cherrystone Aqua Farms, a large cultured shellfish producer located on Virginia’s Eastern Shore, is seeking highly motivated individuals with strong work ethic and willingness to learn in a fast paced, dynamic environment to fill positions in our commercial hatchery located in Willis Wharf, VA.
Hatchery Technicians report directly to the hatchery’s manager and work both independently and as part of a team in all aspects of larval husbandry. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Daily maintenance and care of larval, indoor and outdoor nursery systems.
- Daily culling, feeding, cleaning and microscopic inspection of shellfish at various stages.
- Collecting water on appropriate tidal cycle cleaning of tanks and all associated equipment.
- Operation of pumps for the transfer of water and food to larval and nursery systems.
- Assisting in other areas of the hatchery as needed.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to carry out repetitive tasks.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and climb stairs multiple times per day.
- Willingness to work in both indoor and outdoor environments during all seasons depending on the needs of the facility.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
This position has a seasonal requirement to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays as requested, and promptness is critical.
BS in Biology or related field preferred, but not required. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your resume and brief description of why you are interested in the position to email@example.com