Maintenance Technician - Full-Time
Maintenance Technician - Food Processing & Manufacturing
Cherrystone Aqua-Farms in Cape Charles, VA, a family-owned company in its second century of growth and innovation, is the leading shellfish producer on the East Coast. We grow and pack millions of the nation’s best bivalves to ship to seafood distributors, major grocery chains, and directly into consumers’ homes, and we are looking to add to our dynamic team.
We are actively recruiting for a Maintenance Technician at our Cape Charles, VA facility. This individual will provide the day-to-day technical support on machinery in assisting the packing plant’s goals and deliverables. Position is responsible for delivering maximum equipment/system uptime through the application of regular, preventative, and emergency maintenance.
PRINCIPAL & ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works collaboratively with plant management, the maintenance team, quality control, and VP of Quality Assurance and Operations to provide daily production support.
- Maintains, services, and performs repairs and preventative maintenance on production equipment to ensure proper operations.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and/or replaces complex processing and packaging equipment including mechanical components such as conveyor belts, bearings, motors, pulleys, shafts, gearboxes, etc.. This also includes pneumatic components such as air cylinders, diverters, hoses, regulators, pumps, valves, etc. during production.
- Dismantles and makes on the job repairs to machinery by replacing worn or damaged parts.
- Monitors performance of equipment and informs supervisors and production team of issues and potential problems both verbally and in writing.
- Troubleshoots basic problems, including potential electrical issues, on all equipment.
- Assists in meeting high quality standards and production requirements in the Packaging Department.
- Position is active. On the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine.
- Complies with safety regulations.
- 3+ years of previous work experience in industrial maintenance/line mechanics.
- Must possess great attention to detail and be meticulously neat, organized and maintain a clean work environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) and work collaboratively within the plant and as required across facilities.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Able to work in a plant environment with wet floors that include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- Able to work in a temperature-controlled environment which ranges from 35°-45°F.
- Experience with packaging and/or bagging equipment.
- Diverse background experience in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Competitive Salary based on experience – Full Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Associate Discounts
To apply, email resume and brief statement of interest to email@example.com