VP of Business Development
“The most important part of producing great shellfish is having the people that have fun doing it.”
– Chad Ballard III, President
Vice President of Business Development
Cherrystone Aqua-Farms (CAF), a family-owned company in continuous operation since 1895, is the largest shellfish producer on the East Coast. With over 150 employees we spawn, grow, pack, and ship millions of the nation’s best clams and oysters to major grocery chains, seafood distributors and directly into consumers’ homes annually.
Our VP of Sales is retiring, and while we’ll never completely fill the void a 30+ year employment history leaves, we’re searching for a curious, driven, personable, professional, relationship-focused replacement to lead outside sales initiatives. The ideal fit will be someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and talk with people, is genuinely interested in building relationships with current and potential customers, and is excited to work collaboratively with the CAF team as an advocate for our customers. A sense of humor is also strongly encouraged! The successful candidate will fulfill a key role on the leadership team as a customer advocate and sales driver. The right fit will include someone who thrives on connecting with customers in person, over the phone, and via email, and takes the initiative to facilitate those connections. If you do not enjoy reaching out or talking with people, this is not the role for you!
- Lead business development by maintaining and improving current client, broker, and distribution partner relationships, identifying and executing new business projects, and working collaboratively to elevate overall sales capabilities.
- Analyze the market and competitive conditions, customer needs, and market trends to influence longer term growth strategies and new opportunities.
- Play an active role in the seafood industry by networking and participating in industry-specific organizations (NFI, ISSC, etc.).
- Extensive foodservice industry knowledge with a preference for seafood specific experience.
- Must be self-motivated, as this job has little oversight.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with regular overnight travel (food shows, trade shows, industry functions, customer visits, farm visits, etc.).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication and the ability to bring strong intellect and problem-solving skills to discussions with colleagues and customers.
- Experience with Office 365 applications and advanced presentation skills.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work from home or in the office if desired.
- Opportunity to be part of an engaged, fun-loving team.
- Company-provided cell phone and necessary IT equipment (laptop, etc.).
- All full-time employees are eligible for health, dental, eye, and life insurance benefits after a 60-day waiting period.
- Employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) program, with CAF making a matching contribution to your account based on your deferral contributions in an amount equal to 100% of the first 4% of compensation that you contribute to the plan for each plan year.
- Paid time off.
- Discounts on merch and bivalves.
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “VP of Business Development Application” with your resume attached. Cover Letters welcome, but not required.