Grilled Chipotle Bourbon Butter Oysters are the best thing we've grilled this summer, hands down. They're sweet with a kick, and will be the fan favorite at your next get together. This recipe can be scaled up or down depending on how many folks you're feeding, and if it's just an appetizer or the main course.
- 25 Chincoteage Salt Oysters
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. bourbon
- 1/4 c. honey
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, minced (with extra adobo sauce to taste)
- lemons, wedged
- Recommended pairing: Prosecco
- Shuck oysters, set aside (cup side down) on pan of rock salt
- Combine other ingredients in food processor; refrigerate until ready to use (you could also make this into a compound butter)
- Spoon a bit of the butter mixture onto each oyster.
- Transfer oysters with butter mixture to a hot grill (medium heat). Cook until oysters are simmering in the butter/oyster liquor.
- Serve with a spritz of lemon.