Steamed clams can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make them. This particular recipe will require you to slice and dice a few things, but the return far outweighs the effort from our perspective. Enter: Serrano Garlic Clams
- 3 TB butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 serrano peppers, sliced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 TB fresh thyme
- 1 TB fresh rosemary
- 1 TB fresh oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes with green peppers
- 1(ish) cup white wine (more if you'd like extra broth)
- 100 littleneck clams
- pita bread pieces, warmed
- In a medium pot, sauté butter, garlic, onions, and serrano peppers.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Mix and let simmer for a few minutes to incorporate the flavors.
- Add lemon juice, diced tomatoes, and white wine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add Cherrystone Aqua-Farms littleneck clams. Steam until clams open.
- While clams are steaming, warm pita to serve alongside clams (for sopping up the broth!).
- We like to pour the clams and broth into a just-deep-enough pan so the broth is more accessible. Serve in shallow bowls for easy broth access (or gather 'round and eat directly from the pan - no judgement here).