Recipe: Clams Linguine
Clams Linguine with Littleneck Clams from Cherrystone Aqua-Farms
Want to make something that is ridiculously simple, but seems impressive? Enter: Clams Linguine.
Utilize our Littleneck Clams as the perfect accent to al dente pasta with just the right amount of flavor and ‘oomph’ with shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Sip on a great pinot noir while you cook, and drink a crisp sauvignon blanc with your supper.
- Kosher salt
- 6 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. dry white wine (and more for drinking)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 25 littleneck clams, purged
- ¼ c. parsley, chopped
- 3 TB unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 TB lemon juice
- Parmesan, freshly grated
- Bring 4 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of kosher salt to a boil. Add linguine and cook until just shy of al dente.
- While pasta cooks: in a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat olive oil until hot, but not steaming.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté until golden. This is going to smell delicious. Don’t get distracted and keep your eye on the prize.
- Add wine, red pepper flakes, ¾ teaspoon of kosher salt, clams, ¼ c. parsley. Simmer for 8 minutes (or until clams open).
- Drain linguine and add to clams. Cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes to absorb clam and wine broth (don’t skimp on this step – this is where the magic happens).
- Add butter, lemon zest, lemon juice. Stir until just combined.
- Garnish with parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Add even more carbohydrates by serving with toasted or grilled buttered bread.
A note regarding our recipes: the person who writes them (our Director of Marketing, Caitlin) is terrible at following directions when she’s in the kitchen. She usually reads several different recipes for the same dish, gets a general understand/feeling for what it should include, triples the amount of garlic, and adds wine. So take some creative liberties with these. Have fun. And enjoy this inspiration for what you can create with our delectable products!