Recipe: Chorizo Steamed Clams
This recipe combines flavorful Cherrystone Aqua-Farms clams, zesty chorizo, and warm bread to soak up the aromatic broth.
There's a lot you can do to customize it: clam size (little or middle), liquid for broth (beer, white wine, sherry), something for sopping (pasta or bread)... but don't skimp on the chorizo (or shellfish). We'll even deliver the clams right to you.
Ingredients: Like we always say... 'let the spirit move you'. Really like garlic? Use more. Not a fan of cooking with wine? Try beer or vegetable broth. Want to scale it down or up? Anything is possible.
- 50 middleneck clams OR 100 littleneck clams
- Mexican Chorizo
- dry white wine
- garlic cloves, minced
- onions, diced
- bread loaf, warmed (bonus points awarded if you grill/toast it with butter)
- Over medium heat, brown chorizo
- Sauté garlic and onions (in the same pot with the chorizo) until onions caramelize
- Pour in white wine (about 1 cup) and bring liquid to a boil
- Add clams. Cover and cook until clams open (8ish minutes) "stirring" intermittently by shaking the pot (try not to open the lid... you'll let out the magic)
- When clams have opened, remove from the heat. Turn clams out into a pan with raised edges, pouring the broth & chorizo bits over the clams. Stir in parsley.
- Serve in bowls with lots of broth and warm bread