There are seemingly endless combinations of meat and seafood, but this Spicy Clam Chorizo Pasta is one of our favorites. Full of warm flavors and fresh bursts of citrus to balance the briny CAF clams and rich chorizo, it's simple to prepare and will be the highlight of your next supper.
- Mexican chorizo
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 med tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 25 middleneck clams, rinsed
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 c chopped parsley (optional garnish)
- In large skillet, brown chorizo
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil (for pasta)
- Add onion & garlic to chorizo, sauté until soft
- Add cayenne and red pepper flakes, stir together and let cook one minute
- Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute; add wine and cook 2 minutes, bringing to a slow simmer
- Evenly distribute clams throughout the pan; cover and let steam over medium heat until open
- While clams cook, cook pasta for 1-2 minutes less than package instructions
- After the clams have opened, add pasta to sauce (may need to remove clams) and let cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat; add lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately.