There's a lot to disagree about these days. Tacos do not fall into that category. They're versatile. They're delicious. You can dress them up or down. They can be safe. They can be adventurous. And you can put just about anything in/on them... including fried oysters. This recipe for fried oyster tacos with chipotle crema is just what your Friday night needs. Add a margarita with a Tajin rim and you're set!
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl:
- 1 c. crema (or sour cream)
- 1 chipotle pepper adobo sauce, minced
- extra adobo sauce, to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt & fresh squeezed lime juice to taste
Fried Oyster Tacos
- Make your chipotle crema
- Get your taco fixings ready! Tortillas, cilantro, shredded cabbage, pickled jalapenos... the possibilities are endless.
- Fry some oysters (click here for a refresher). We sometimes sell shucked pints of oysters, but when those aren't available we suggest our Chincoteague Salts for frying. Their hearty meat and bold, briny flavor withstand frying well.
- Assemble and enjoy your tacos.