Homemade pizza dough is where it's at, but it's definitely a labor of love. We like this recipe, but substitute with your own or store bought if you'd like!
For the Clam Topping
- Olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 parsley stem
- 1/4 c white wine
- 50 littleneck clams
- salt & pepper
- 1 c heavy cream
For the pizza
- Pizza dough (enough for 4, 12-inch pizzas)
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- Sea Salt Flakes, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
To make the clam topping:
- In a large pan, cook olive oil, garlic, shallots, parsley, and thyme over medium heat until translucent (5ish minutes).
- Add white wine and clams. Cover and steam until clams are open. Transfer clams to a bowl, reserving the cooking liquid. Reduce liquid over medium heat until syrupy (15ish minutes). Strain mixture and let cool completely.
- Remove clam meat from shells and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks, then incorporating the reduced clam liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to whip the cream to medium peaks.
To make the pizza:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees with a pizza stone on the middle rack. On a lightly floured surface, spread dough out into a 12-inch circle. Spread a quarter of the cream in a thin layer, leaving a 2-inch border around the surface of the dough. Top with 1/4 of the chopped clams and 1 TB of chopped parsley.
- Transfer the pizza to the hot pizza stone and cook until crisp and golden brown (6-8ish minutes).
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve with lemon wedges and finish with sea salt flakes.